Thursday, April 16, 2009

14 weeks, 6 days

I heard from the doctors office yesterday, finally. They said my 24 hour urine was fine, it must have been a fluke that my blood pressure was high. So everything is going good with the baby growing. This morning I read Happy Birthday To You! by Dr Seuss out loud to the baby, a co-worker was asking me if I had been reading to him/her which I think is kind of odd. But if the baby can hear or gain anything from me reading out loud to it, then I guess I might as well. I was thinking about all the things it "hears" all day... probably me griping a lot, or singing horribly to old 80's rock on the radio. Poor baby.

Our next appointment is coming up quickly, May 5th. At that appointment I will make the appointment to have the "big" U/S! It should be that following week... we are excited to see if I am toting around a little Martha or Hank. I bought an intelligender test at Walgreen's last week, its a urine test that is supposedly 90% accurate in telling the gender of the baby. If its right, then we will have a boy! But it really has no science behind it , so the way I see it - it had a 50% chance of being right... HAHA! Oh well, it will be fun to see if it was right or not!

2 comments:

  1. Ignore my "?" comment - the post was like one word I think when I last saw it. :)

    Ooh, your baby is kind of like that fly on the wall! I wish I could hear everything that happens in a day near you. Fun! Especially the singing. :)

    Can't wait to know if baby is a Martha or a Hank!

    ReplyDelete